About Us

H. W. Wilson Limited was first established in 1928 by Henry Wilson whose vision was to provide a quality building service for the local community using a local workforce. This still remains at the heart of our culture 85 years on. Our first client was Dr. Barnado, for whom we built various children’s homes across Essex. At H. W. Wilson Limited we have continued to work for public and not-for-profit sector organisations from our incorporation in 1930 to today.

In the following years H. W. Wilson Ltd’s client base greatly increased to include the Local Authority, local landowners and churches. H. W. Wilson Limited was also responsible for the construction of the original Roomes Stores in Upminster and constructed private houses for sale in Cheelson Road, Wilsman Road, and North Road, South Ockendon. Towards the end of twentieth century our bigger clients included Royal & Sun Alliance and The Port of Tilbury.

The Wilson reign ended in 2001 due to retirement, leading to a new and exciting management buy out by the current owners Peter Beckett and Peter Wiffen. They had spent their entire working life with H.W.Wilson and have been instrumental in the success of the last decade. The new Directors increased H.W.Wilson Ltd’s client base, reputation, turnover and profit and asked Philip Pearson to join as Contracts Manager.  Peter Beckett retired in 2014 leaving the company in the safe hands of Peter and Philip, the Directors have retained the companies traditional values of providing the highest quality service by using experienced tradesmen and efficient management.

H. W. Wilson Limited – 85 years of service to the public and not-for-profit sector.

August Employee of the Month
For August 2017 H W Wilson has two Employees of the Month: Tony Clift and James Clift...
Essex Wildlife Trust Memebers
H W Wilson Ltd are delighted to be a member of the 'Essex Wildlife Trust' for the 5th year...